Sunday, February 3, 2013

Do Something, day 13


Home practice.  It was once my favorite thing, being the only way I could get a practice in.  Now, I find myself wanting the community feel of a group setting.  I don't have the same drive at home that I have when I'm among others.

I didn't take the time to set it up like I get to in a formal class, today.  By the time I dragged my sore bum out of bed, kids were already up and I only had 1 hour.  So I jumped right in.  While they were watching some tween show about dancers.  It was distracting, but I got a little warm up in, tried to hold poses for a solid minute at least, but it's hard to see the clock some times...

And I ended up giving up at 45 minutes, because I really did need to get ready for work.  Mind you, I had plenty of time and could have kept going, but I just couldn't get relaxed enough to really get anywhere.  So it ended up being a light day, just stretching out the tightness from the hard Thursday Night Brett class.  Still with me.  Those repetitive flowing squat lifts really got my legs, let me tell you.

In any case, it kind of put me off for the beginning of the day.  Not being able to do what I really wanted.  But because I was too lazy to make it happen.  So I was a little irritated with myself.

All at once, I didn't want to do anything, and I wanted to do more.  Odd, eh?  I suppose you could say I was disappointed in myself.  And after my "blah" feeling of the morning faded some, I found myself doing structured folds to get things from the printer, careful squats (not the pants-tearing kind, hahaha) and the like.

So I suppose, in the end, I made the whole day my practice.  Being calm during moments of craziness in the work day.  Finding ways to work in mountain pose, tree, standing folds, and breathing into my normal day.  And in the end, it was not half bad.

Our days are what we make them.  We can take our poopy moods and turn them into something better.  We have the power.  It's all in how we look at things.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment