Sunday, February 3, 2013

Do Something Challenge, Day 12


Day 12.  Day off.  Woke up and dragged a lovely friend along with me to practice in the morning.  We decided on the gentler style of the sunrise class over the harder working 5:15 class, because it's been many moons since her last practice.  She's been running instead and is not quite as bendy as she once was.

But it's not fair, because I work at it and am not as bendy as she is naturally, LOL.  Ah well, such is life.

In any case, it was a lovely calm and quiet class, working hard alternating with relaxing hard.  We were committing fully to whichever we were doing, and it was interesting seeing how quickly the mind and body can snap back and forth from powerful movements to calm melting into the floor.

I was a little shocked when the class was over already, because it didn't feel like an hour.  I could have kept going for another hour, and been just fine.  Go figure, a few weeks ago, a 30 minute class was almost daunting, with the shoulder, and now I can go for 2?  It's a really nice shift, I have to tell you.  Amazing how a little time can make such a different change.

It was a lovely practice, ran home to get kids to school, and the two of us went out for breakfast and a lovely long chat.  We need days like this more often.  And I'm beginning to really think the early morning classes are my favorites.  I love the afternoon ones after a long day at work, though...

Maybe I'll petition for more morning ones and keep doing both?  LOL  I'm having too much fun with this.

No comments:

Post a Comment