Friday, February 17, 2012

Thurs, Feb 16th, 2012

This morning after getting my kids (7 and 9) off to school, I did my ritual cleaning before yoga, and set up the coffee maker for after.  (I'm trying to like hot tea more, I swear!)  This morning I followed the short form program on Seane Corn's Vinyasa Flow, Session II.  It's an hour of beginner into intermediate yoga, so it's shorter than the other program by half an hour, but it's not *exactly* short.

Today I was feeling a little tired, so I took more breaks than I have the rest of the week.  If you're tired, still find ways to move, but don't overdo it!  You'll make the next day harder on yourself than you have to!

So, rather than push, I tried to nurture my poor tired limbs.  And after I was done with yoga, I made some breakfast sandwiches, went to work, and made dinner.  So here I am.

Work out:  65 minutes yoga, vinyasa

Food in:
  • Whole wheat toast with 1/2 avocado, 2 scrambled eggs, spinach, & tomato
  • 3 cups coffee with a little sugar and some peppermint mocha creamer
  • Fresh juice made with:  apple, pineapple, kale, spinach, celery, carrot, lemon, and ginger (8oz)
  • 2 enormous vegan pumpkin pancakes made with whole wheat pastry flour
All in all, today was a good day.  Hopefully, tomorrow, I have more energy for a full yoga session up and moving.  Fewer restorative poses, more active ones.  

No comments:

Post a Comment