Friday, February 24, 2012

Day three!

Started the morning off with the last of my apple-ginger-lemon-cayenne pepper juice from yesterday.  Light, refreshing, nice burst of energy!  I really think if you are used to starting your day off with something like coffee, and NEED or just really like the effects from it, doing something like this at the beginning of the day is really helpful.  Apples are a lovely sugary fruit, but they won't weigh you down or make you crash later!

Followed that one up with the leftover berry juice from last night.  I ended up doing three handfuls each blueberries and raspberries, and four strawberry, and I added in two pink lady apples and one lemon without the rind.   Let me tell you, the lemons juice SO much better this way!!!  The machine got a little gunked up and I had to hand press though my sieve some of the pulp because it just didn't expel it.  But I'll be damned if I let that produce go to waste!!

This morning I made half a gallon of the fresh green juice.  I used the mean green recipe featured on Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead, which says to use 2 green apples, 5 stalks kale, 5 stalks celery, 1" (small piece) ginger, 1/2 lemon.  I doubled this and added in a pineapple (rind and center removed), a bunch of black grapes that were getting a little withered-looking, but still had juice...  4 handfuls of spinach leaves, 3 large kiwi, a couple tablespoons fresh wheat grass (found by the sprouts at my favorite farmer's market-like health food store, Sunflower!), and I *think* that's it.  There was a lot going into it today.  It made a TON.  I plan to save a little for tomorrow but make this today's main juice.

Waiting for the juicer to finish spinning out ALL the juice (this takes forever some days!!), and then I'm going to go enjoy a little Skyrim with my juice before work.  I already put in a little yoga this morning, plan on doing some simple poses while I play my game, and might throw in a restorative twisty practice tonight to help my organs release all the yucky stuff they've been storing!  :)

That being said, I feel a nasty cold/cough coming on.  I'm pretty sure this is NOT detox, as Tara's been sick and her kiddos have too.  She was sick on day one, and of course the littles are not joining the cleanse (they could have juice in addition to their normal diets, but not all by itself!  Growing bodies can't function off just juice, even the amazing green ones!).  So I hope I'm not getting truly sick, but we'll see.

I wonder how much my juicing before the official cleanse and all my detox yoga will come into play when it comes to my fun new cold!  :)  Might even add a little vitamin C tablet or two in, just to give myself a bit of an edge.  Sounds good to me.

Anyway!  Off I go to my crazy busy day!  Day 3 is well underway!  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment