Thursday, February 16, 2012

Current Goals

So!  The point of this here thing!  I'm wanting to have a place to keep track of progress, offer what little bits of encouragement come to me, and share helpful links, videos, etc.

Right now, I am in the middle of trying to do 30 solid days of yoga, at least 30 minutes per day.

I always liked yoga, from the stretching to the breathing, a little meditation and centering one's self.  It has helped me be a more calm and present mother, and helps with difficult things that are faced every day.  As Seane Corn says, "this is my pose."  I stop, breathe, and make my choices.  It's a very good thing.

Today is 8 consecutive days, and out of the last 16, I have practiced 14 of those.  One day I was in bed with a cold and another day I just woke up too late to practice before work, and after work the day got away from me.

Also, I'm trying to do more vegetarian and vegan meals.  I always loved meatless meals, and have been rather strict at times.  I'll admit it was something that I allowed to feed into unhealthy habits ("Oh well, no vegetarian food, I'll just skip eating!")...  so I choose not to label myself or my food choices.  Right now, I am trying to cook more.  Get away from processed foods.  Get back to real food.

And I'm trying to get back into juicing!  I have a lovely juicer, an Omega 3000 my father in law has graciously lent me.  When I used it last, all I really did with it was make fruit juices.  I want to move beyond those and make more veggie-centric and green juices too!  Expand my palate.  Feed what I need, not just what I want.

But most of all, I'm trying to remain positive with all this and make a good change for myself and my family.

One day at a time.  One pose at a time.  One meal at a time.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment