Thursday, March 8, 2012

Juice fun, day 3!

Well, last night I caved a little.  I had some pasta that was sitting in the fridge.  But I also  know my co-juicer had to eat a little something last night too, because of a tasting she was doing for an upcoming party...  so I figure we're even now.  LOL

Back to the grinder.  Er, blender.  Er, juicer too.  Made some more almond milk this morning, and I'm in the middle of making an enormous batch of green juice for Tara and I to share.  I'm going to make some of the mango-orange-apple-pineapple juice too, like I promised!

AND as a fun treat, I'm videoing the juicing for you this morning.  I am dumping files onto the computer right now because I ran out of space on the camera, then I'm back to it!  I'll edit briefly (I want you to see how long it takes, so I won't edit too much out!!), break into 10  minute segments, and post up on youtube.  Then when they're all live, I'll post them here.

I also have a bunch of pics from the huge juice day we did a couple weeks ago.  Lots of juice.  Pictures of messes we made by putting too much stuff in the juicer, etc.  It's fun times!  You'll get to see it all...  because we promised failure AND success stories!

So my failure yesterday was that I had home security people from Vivent installing a security system in my house kinda without any warning...  so I didn't make time for a formal yoga practice.  And the pasta.  The pasta wasn't even very flavorful!!!  I found myself looking into the small bowl half way through it and telling myself, "See, it wasn't even WORTH it!!!"

And mini TMI bit, for those who want to know every little detail to be sure they  know what they're getting into...  LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO KNOW!!!!!!!  (Don't say I didn't warn you)

Some people have changes in their digestion while doing a fast.  Some have extra bathroom trips with many bowel movements.  I have a feeling those people are the ones who don't do many fruits and veggies on a regular basis.  The people like me, who have a steady diet like that, can go into the opposite end.  I am just now, for the first time in 3 days, feeling the "sometime today" gonna "go" feeling.  Just been running to the bathroom to get rid of the liquid.

And in fun notes...  it gets DARK on detox day.  That's something I wasn't expecting.  The urine has been almost clear up until now, just because I'm drinking so much.  But it was dark this morning, like it gets if I haven't been drinking enough water, especially first thing.  But last time I detoxed, it was dark, almost reddish (and not just because of beets!).  All day.  So if you see that, absolutely check to be sure it's not blood, because if it is, well, duh, go see your doctor!!!  But don't be shocked if you can SEE all the crap being flushed out.  It isn't something I've read anywhere, so when it happened to me, I was a little surprised.

So, since I'm being hugely open and honest, I can say...  I hope I manage to poo today, LOL, and I won't be shocked to see amber colored pee.  Whee!  Okay, enough of that.  /hides

Back to the juicer!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment