Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Day two, juice cleanse!

Last night wasn't super easy.  I kept smelling the kids' dinner and thinking it sounded amazing, but I refrained from partaking!  I had a big glass of almond-cashew milk instead.  It was a harder 1st day than last time, I think.

Today, though, woke up refreshed and energetic.  Made some juice for Tara, and realized I had enough for myself for the day, so I left it at that.  I made a green juice with broccoli and carrot for her today (instead of wheat grass), and then I got an idea for a tropical fruit juice and it was TASTY!!

2 small mangoes
2 pink apples (I used Gala)
1/2 pineapple
5 handfuls black seedless grapes

It was bright and cheerful, and really flavorful.  This is one I really wish I'd had time to strain off a second time...  a lot of pulp got through and I was picking bits out of my teeth as I went.  But it was so good, I picked up more mangoes!  :)  Going to try and copy the Mighty Mango Naked Juice either tomorrow or Friday!  That one has:

3 1/2 Apple
2 1/2 Mango
1 Orange
2/3 Banana
Lemon (just a bit)

I know, TECHNICALLY I'm not supposed to have the banana, because it's added in the blender instead of the juicer...  but I might just make an exception for this one.  ;)

So!  Today is going better...  but I still really want to munch on something.  I have scones sitting here, and veggie straws, granola bars and cracker sandwiches.  I also really want a cup of cocoa!  But most of that is just a carb craving going on, and I will get past it.

This kinda sucks a bit, but I can do it.  I will do it.  I will not give up.  I will prevail!  Okay, feeling a little better now.  *nod*  Dinner for the kids?  I can resist munching.  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment