Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Find what you love!


I've been somewhat MIA for a while, and thought I'd check in!  Things are still going well on this end, and the weight and inches that have come off are still off, which is good.  But I've had a few things come to me in the past few weeks & months that I thought I'd share with you.

First and foremost, if your exercise feels like work, you are much less likely to want to do it.  If it feels like FUN, you will be excited to get back to it and do it again tomorrow.  So, find what you love to do.


  • Do you enjoy a leisurely bike ride?  Try cycling, and push yourself.  
  • Do you enjoy swimming for fun?  Try doing some laps and see if you can get from one end of the pool to the other!  It's harder than it looks, but it's also a better workout than you could imagine!
  • Do you think skateboarding or riding a scooter is fun?  See if you have a local skate park to go play at!  My kids both picked up skating this fall, and we've all had great fun riding boards around.  I won't lie and say I haven't fallen and given myself some excellent bruises, but I also feel like they were 100% worth it!  Google helped us find several in our area, and trying them all out helped us find our favorite one.
  • Do you like rock climbing?  Find a wall or a climbing gym and try out their punch card to see if it's right for you before getting a full membership.
  • Racquetball?
  • Tennis?
  • Running?
  • Stretching out?  Try yoga!
  • Walking around scenic areas, and pushing your pace!  My friend and I love walking Garden of the Gods and Red Rocks Canyon, since we're here in Colorado Springs.  It's great fun, is an awesome work out, and doesn't feel like work.  There are hiking spots just about anywhere, just look for them!
Really, ANY kind of activity can be beneficial to your health.  Just find something you like to do, and get out there and DO it.  Move your body, in any way you see fit.  Dance around to your favorite album for a while.  Walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator, or walk up the escalator even if it's moving beneath you.  Walk the kids to school instead of driving them (within reason, of course!).

But, in the end, if you find what you enjoy, it won't be work.  And if it's not work, and it's helping you achieve your goals?  You're well on your way!  

No comments:

Post a Comment